What Is Foil Stamping
Types of Foil Stamping
Types of Foil Used
Machines Used for Foil Stamping
This website was developed by Geno Jezek. When
he is not doing research he runs
www.custom-magnets.com. Where we love magnets.
We are the #1 trusted magnet site!
Some of our most popular products:
Magnetic Sheeting w/ White Vinyl
Magnetic Sheeting w/ Adhesive
Ink Jet Magnets
One of the basic requirements in foil stamping is that of foil paper. The very essence of foil stamping is the foil paper that is pressed with a die onto different materials, along with heat and pressure, to create unusual designs and prints.
Types of Foil
There are various kinds of foil paper available for use in foil stamping. These are:
- Metallic Foil Paper: Metallic foil paper has a metal like sheen and gives a shiny and shimmering look to the foil stamped design. Such foil paper is available in different metal shades such as gold, silver, bronze, and copper just to name a few. In addition to metallic colors, metallic foil paper is also available in other colors such as green, blue, red, orange, yellow, and pink.
- Gloss Pigment Foil Paper: This type of foil does not have a metallic look but has a very high glossy finish. Using this type of foil gives a painted look to the finished stamping. Gloss foil is also available in many different colors.
- Matte Pigment Foil Paper: The same colors that are available in gloss foil paper are also available in a dull finish as opposed to a glossy finish, thus the name matte foil paper. A solid white foil paper also comes under the classification of matte foils.
- Holographic Foil Paper: A multidimensional image made photographically with the use of lasers and special optics is called a hologram. Such hologram images are transferred on unique foil paper, which is then known as holographic foil paper. This kind of foil gives a very special, moving effect to the foil designs.
Choosing Foil for Foil Stamping
The selection of foil for foil stamping depends on many factors such as:
- Foil stamping has many different applications and can be done on various materials including paper, plastic, leather, fabric, vinyl, and wood. The substrate material that you are using will determine your choice of foil paper to a great extent.
- If you want to do foil stamping on any paper that will be used with a laser printer, you need to choose a foil paper that is resistant to high heat.
- The color that you need for your foil design will also impact your choice of foil paper. Not all types of foil are available in all colors, thus your color needs will determine the foil paper to be used for foil stamping.
- Not all types of foil paper are compatible with each other. Thus, if you are going to be using two different kinds of foil, which may overlap one another, then you need to choose foil paper that will stick to each other.
Thus, with the use of various kinds of foil, you can achieve amazing designs and prints, in various colors and dimensions, and on a varied variety of substrate material too.
Sites We Think Are Cool:
The History of Television
How Lasers Work
History of Texas
What is Short Wave
History of Canada
History of Baseball
What are Alnico Magnets?
What is Polyester
History of Easter
How Magnets Work